Lyna Dawn Farkas
My life has been filled with experiences in management, leadership, PR, seminar & event planning and customer relations.
In 1997, I discovered the Decorative Arts and Restoration and became certified with the prestigious City & Guilds of London. From 2000-2004 I worked with City & Guilds as an assessor.
Since 1997, through my business, In the Spirit of Decor, I've been blessed with wonderful opportunities to share my love for the Decorative Arts with others. Here are a few:
- I've authored 2 books for Lark/Sterling. Creative Wallpaper and Unfinished Furniture, which led to TV appearances on PBS, HGTV and local news.
- My work has been featured in various newspapers, national magazines and books such as Fresh Paint, Making & Creating Stylish Screens, Michaels Big Book of Crafts, Log Homes and Design Magazine,and Rooms your Kids will love.
- I've taught at John Campbell Folk School, and various colleges and venues.
- I've worked in some amazing places such as: The Biltmore House, Millenium Museum in Atlantic Station - Atlanta Ga, Buncombe County Courthouse, Bernhardt Furniture Showroom, Martha Stewart's Furniture Showroom, Bellagio of Asheville, an award winning Boutique Gallery, various restaurants and specialty shops, as well as high end and vacation homes.
- Every week I co-host Artistically Speaking radio show where we interview artists of all kinds. Visit www.blogtalkradio.com and www.artisticallyspeaking.com to learn more
After training privately with a Master Gilder in 2010, I recently launched In the Spirit of the Glass, which is my new love-creating personalized pieces of art. Created with painting and gilding behind glass, along with artistic mirror patination, these pieces are great for backsplashes, table tops, and wall art.
I am a co-founder and member of The Creative Sisterhood, a group of dynamic decorative artist women from around the country who are making a difference by working together on philanthropic projects. We utilize our art and inspire others to use their gifts in a similar way.
I share my thoughts and experiences through my blog, In the Creative Spirit. These are heart felt musings on art and everday moments. Please feel free to visit and join in the conversation.